Saturday, April 7, 2012

Happy Easter


Happy Easter Everyone!  I hope that like spring you will find a new beginning with the reminder of why we celebrate this day.  He is risen, and offers hope to us all.  Our greatest struggle in life is being true to ourselves and true to the goodness that is instilled in us.  
We are children of a father who loves us, no matter what.  He never gives up on us.  Even when everyone in the world seems to have failed us, He never will.  I struggle to remember that myself, but I know in my heart that it is true.  I am a daughter of God, and I have a Savior who loves me and sacrificed everything for me, and you.  I do not know what the plan is for my life, but I know that I am being watched over, guided, and my path is being prepared, if I only look for the signs.  If I pray fervently, study the scriptures, attend church, and do my best to be the best, fairest, most compassionate, friendly, person who endures this life the best way that I can, then I can have nothing but hope.  If I do everything right, does that mean that my struggles will stop? No!  Not at all.  This life is a test, a test that asks, "Will you trust me?"  I struggle every day with chronic pain, and depression, not to mention all of my insecurities, but does that mean I will give up?  No, I will try not to at least.  It is not easy to be strong all the time.  I can't be.  I have bad days.  I have days when I do not want to get out of bed.  I have days when I am so cranky that I do not want to be around myself.  I have days when I want to cry all day and I am not sure why.  I have days when it is hard to believe in myself, but I promised myself that I would not give up.
I bear my testimony that I have a Father in Heaven who loves me and watches over me.  I know and believe that I have a Savior who is Jesus Christ.  I know and I believe that I am a daughter of the divine, and he knows my potential, even if I struggle to know it myself.  I know that this life is a test, and this life is just a grain of sand in the eternity that I can have with my family and savior in the afterlife, if I do my best.  I am grateful to know that Jesus Christ was born, lived and died to be an example to me, and he did it for me.  We can never fully understand His sacrifice, but I do understand that he did all of it because he loves us, all of us.
Happy Easter everyone!  I hope that you can find hope in this day!  I do.  Have a wonderful weekend.

Posted: 07 Apr 2012 08:00 AM PDT
"My beloved brothers and sisters, in our hour of deepest sorrow, we can receive profound peace fro the words of the angel that first Easter morning: 'He is not here: for he is risen.'"
—President Thomas S. Monson, "He Is Risen: A Prophet’s Testimony", Liahona, Apr. 2012
Topics: Jesus ChristResurrection

No comments:

Post a Comment