Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Happiness

I have struggled with my weight ever since I began to have children.  I would like to blame it on them, but cannot honestly do that.  I was caught up in the, "mom syndrome".  The syndrome we seem to get, which causes us to loose all sight of ourselves.  The one where we neglect ourselves to the detriment of everything we need as individuals.  It is the same syndrome that causes mother's to wear clothes that are too big, too old, too plain, too frumpy, and most likely in the sweat and t-shirt category  It is sad, but true and I believe that it is an epidemic.
Well, since I am no longer having children, but am now raising them.  I am finding that I do have time and a desperate need to take care of myself.  It is incredible that I allowed myself to slip to such depths of depression, when my children brought me so much joy.
My solution has been, develop my talents, socialize occasionally, and realize my roll in my own care, or lack there of.  I don't move as much as I should, but I can control what I eat, and how much, and when I eat.  Developing my talents has not only distracted me, but made me begin to feel good about myself.  My family moved, to get more sunshine, more room, and an interesting change of scenery.  We also started to change those things that were toxic in our lives.  Like removing negative things and people from our lives.
Is it easy?  No.  Is it necessary?  For me it was.
I guess I would say, find out what works for you.
One beautiful side effect for me is getting closer to my husband, finding myself, enjoying my children more, and loving life more than I have in a very long time.  The other thing I was happy about, was that I lost almost 32 lbs.  Since all I made these changes.    I also developed a love, appreciation, and growth in my faith.  That has made everything in my life better too.  I realized that I am not alone, and God does want me to be happy, and I am beginning to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment