Thursday, October 6, 2011

My beginning...

My journey began, in a large family.  My mother is from Germany and my father is from Idaho.  I have seven brothers and sisters.  I met my husband, during a turning point in my life, when I was seventeen years old.  I was a very sweet kid growing up, but at twelve years old, I had to deal with a tragedy, the kind of tragedy that steals your childhood, and robs you of your innocents.  This tragedy caused me to spiral out of control.  I lost myself.  I had no true sense of my self worth, and I did not want to live.  If I had to though, I was going to do anything that I could to fit in somewhere.  However, this caused me to lose myself even further.  I was gone, when Tony came into my life and loved me despite my surface rust.  He loved me for me.  He wanted to be in my life for all the right reasons.  He started my turning point.  
I see a turning point as a moment that happens when you decide that you are worth fighting for.  It was not a single moment for me though, it was a series of landslides and steps that I had to endure, fight through and take to get to the point that I am at now.  It has been and continues to be... a journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment